HYPE is a volunteer guided organization that has evolved from providing tutorial services at youth serving organizations and various schools including the Boys and Girls Club of Athens, Chapel Hill Middle School, and FL Stanton Elementary, to an organization that forms partnerships with local school districts to empower young people to reduce health risk behaviors by developing leadership and communication skills.
Research has shown that among adolescents there is a negative correlation between not only self-esteem and risk behaviors, but also between the engagement in health risk behaviors and academic achievement. To address these issues, the HYPE curriculum provides a year-round pipeline program that focuses on five key areas including Leadership, Personal Growth, Healthy Relationships, Healthy Lifestyles and College/Workforce Readiness. Each week students will participate in interactive and informational workshops, community service, and outreach activities.
Additionally, HYPE has an advanced component for eligible students who will be afforded the opportunity to apply what they have learned through a mentorship program which will include peer to peer mentorship to younger participants, leadership roles for community service projects, interaction with local corporate and private business partners, and preparation and readiness for postsecondary endeavors.
Expected Results for Students
Our impactful training will enable students to:
- Perform even better in school and life
- Collaborate with others and work well in a team
- Develop critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Prepare for post-secondary education and/or the workforce
- Exhibit enhanced confidence along with interpersonal, communication and social skills
- Continue to grow even after the program ends by leveraging advanced tools and materials provided upon program completion
Expected Results for Schools
Our proprietary program will elevate and:
- Position your school as a leading educational institution
- Increase your school’s college acceptance rate
- Provide peace of mind for your school’s parents
- Boost morale throughout the campus
- Attract high profile teachers
- And much more
Dr. Nicole Rankine
Mrs. Erica Gwyn
Ms. Keli Pryor
Mr. Aulandar Young